Assistant Coaches for all playing squads
Team Middlesex, the county representative arm of Middlesex Rugby, is looking for a assistant coaches for its senior, youth and women & girls playing squads.
REPORTS TO: Team Middlesex squad Head Coach and Director of Rugby.
KEY RELATIONSHIPS: Head Coach, Director of Rugby and Chairman of Playing.
NATURE & SCOPE OF JOB:
The post-holder will contribute to the planning and delivery of the coaching programme for the season to provide a positive and successful playing environment. Provide high quality coaching to talented players to enable them to perform at their optimum level whilst enhancing the Middlesex representative programme.
- Ensure Middlesex’s objectives for the county representative programme at the relevant level are achieved by contributing to the preparation of the team’s coaching programme to develop the skills and understanding of the players
- Ensure the players receive the highest quality coaching, preparation and feedback as directed by the Head Coach
- Work in conjunction with the Team Manager, Head Coach and Director of Youth Rugby to facilitate the selection of players from the county in an objective manner
- Evaluate all coaching sessions and games with the coaching team and players
- Provide constructive feedback to players to enable them to continue with their development for club, county and beyond
- Attend any required meetings of the Team Middlesex squad delivery team
- Assist in identifying talented players who have the potential to move up within the existing programme and beyond
- Participate in an annual review of performance and commit to a programme of development provided by Middlesex Rugby and the RFU
- Ensure with the Head Coach that the coaching and playing squad present themselves as ambassadors for the Rugby Football Union and act within accordance of the core values of the game
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND QUALITIES:
- Hold a minimum of a RFU / UKCC Level 2 Coaching Qualification or its recognised equivalent
- Demonstrate a track record of personal coach development and commitment to achieving RFU Level 3 Coaching
- Articulate and deliver a clear playing and coaching philosophy that is in accordance with the objectives of the programme
- Be able to work effectively under direction of the Head Coach and work effectively with other members of the management team
- Self motivated, committed and enthusiastic about coaching rugby union
- Strongly biased towards a player-centred approach to coaching
- Support a playing environment that balances player development with team performance
- Able to articulate and deliver sound coaching processes relevant to the programme
- Have high standards of personal accountability and responsibility for the players.
- The post holder is accountable to the Team Middlesex Head Coach and Director Rugby for the successful delivery of the responsibilities as outlined above
- The post holder will work closely with relevant team staff and coaches of other Team Middlesex coaching programmes
- The position will be held for a term of 2 years (renewable) subject to annual review
- These positions are unpaid, however, an excellent opportunity will be provided for coaches to work with quality county players as well as working in an environment geared towards excellence and achievement
- Access to the Team Middlesex Coach Education Programme, RFU CDPs & online coaching resources
- Appropriate travel expenses
- Team Middlesex apparel
- Individual mentoring programme
To apply please submit a one page coaching CV and covering letter to Stephen Atkinson, Chairman of Playing, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications 22ndt August 2017.