Belsize Park seeks coach
Belsize Park is the most central club in London, playing in Regents Park and training in Coram Fields. As a strictly amateur club, we have five senior men’s teams, plus a Vets team, offering rugby suitable for all levels of ability including social. www.bprfc.co.uk Over 350 players represent Belsize Park each season.
We are now seeking an enthusiastic, positive and knowledgeable Development Coach to oversee and coach our Development Squads (3rd, 4th, Bulls – 5th). With such large player numbers, we have a fantastic opportunity in our development squads to provide competitive and social rugby to improve intermediate level players and welcome many returners or new players into the game.
We believe this is a fantastic opportunity for a coach to develop in a fun and rewarding environment and help Belsize to achieve its objective to be the best club in the world at all aspects of amateur rugby life. This role would be supported by the existing senior coaching team at Belsize which includes several seasoned coaches – including current professional players (at Saracens and London Irish).
• Overseeing and assisting existing volunteer coaches to achieve their full potential • Drive consistency of game strategy and match day practises
• Input and design training session plans and programme
• Improving basic skills across all players • Oversee selection and deliver feedback to players in concert with the respective team coach(es)
• Design and deliver a “rugby from scratch” programme from new joiners who have not played the game before
• Attend Wednesday training sessions (Coram Fields 7-9pm WC1N)
• Attend Saturday matchdays (alternating between the three squads)
• Direct report to Director of Rugby
• Level 2 coaching course completed (or in the process thereof).
• Coaching experience – preferably two or more seasons
• Ability to lead the development of basic skills
• Knowledgeable of all facets of the game
• Enthusiastic and personable
• Appreciation of Social rugby
In addition to the obvious rewards of this role, we can also provide modest monetary compensation.
If you are interested in the role, please contact BPRFC Director of Rugby Zach Webb on email@example.com by Friday June 22nd