Middlesex Rugby is looking to appoint a new Disciplinary Secretary to take over from Mick Collins who retires at the end of the 2017-2018 season.
About the role
This is an important and prominent role and you will be at the forefront of discipline in the County. The scope is wide ranging and includes:
- being the first point of contact for clubs on discipline matters;
- managing case hearings;
- advising and directing panel members on process and procedure;
- maintaining the County’s knowledge base and keeping abreast of regulations and practice;
- being the main contact with the RFU’s professional discipline team;
- liaison with the Referee’s Societies and neighbouring Constituent Bodies;
- membership of the County’s Governance Standing Committee.
Skills and experience
The applicant will need to be thorough and systematic, a strong communicator and able to react quickly to changing situations. You’ll need to be fair and consistent and become familiar with the RFU Disciplinary Regulations. Previous experience of club discipline matters would be helpful but isn’t essential as training will be given.
We would expect the successful applicant to “shadow” Mick from February 2018, taking on the role formally for season 2018–2019. The RFU host an excellent discipline conference which will take place in July 2018 and attendance at that would be beneficial.
How to apply
In the first instance please contact either:
Mick Collins, Discipline Secretary: 07540 426410 – email@example.com, or
Gavin Hindley, Chairman of Governance: 07971 902 593 – firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note this is a voluntary role although expenses will be paid where appropriate.