Team Middlesex seeks managers
Team Middlesex, the county representative arm of Middlesex Rugby, is looking for team managers for all squads within the senior, age group and women & girls sections.
REPORTING TO: Middlesex Rugby Directors of Rugby and Chairman of Playing
KEY RELATIONSHIPS: Honorary Head and Assistant Coaches, Middlesex Rugby Chairman of Playing, medical team, opposition contacts, managers of other Team Middlesex representative squads, Honorary Fixture Secretary
NATURE & SCOPE OF JOB: The post-holder will contribute to the planning and management of the county representative programme for the season to provide a positive and successful playing environment. Facilitate and organise a programme that allows talented players to perform at their optimum level whilst enhancing Middlesex representative and club rugby.
- Ensure Middlesex’s objectives for the county representative programme are achieved by contributing to the preparation and organisation of the team’s programme to develop the skills and understanding of the players
- Work in conjunction with the Head Coach, Assistant Coach and Director of Rugby to facilitate the selection of county players in an objective manner
- Ensure communication links are maintained between players, coaches, county officials and families/supporters prior and during the competition programme.
- Attend any required meetings of the Team Middlesex squad delivery team and be the squad’s representative at all times. Ensure all staff are kept up to date with all county updates and requirements.
- Ensure with the head and assistant coaches that the coaching and playing squad present themselves as ambassadors for the Middlesex Rugby and act within accordance of the core values of the game
- Complete all appropriate administrative paperwork – including all player registration detail from players, team sheets and other relevant forms – prior to commencement of competition programme
- Manage distribution, recollection (if appropriate) and cleaning of all match attire for the squad.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND QUALITIES
- Self-motivated, committed, well-organised including good timekeeping skills
- Excellent communication skills including IT literacy
- Enthusiastic and motivational whilst being a good listener who’s easily approachable
- Able to work effectively under direction of the Director of Rugby and work with other members of the Middlesex management team
- Support a playing environment that balances player development with team performance
- Have high standards of personal accountability and responsibility for the players
- To be a figure of respect and inspiration to the team, passing on knowledge where appropriate and acting as a role model at all times
- The post holder is accountable to the Chairman of Playing, Director of Rugby and Head Coach for the successful delivery of the responsibilities as outlined above
- The position will be held for a term of 2 years (renewable) subject to annual review
- These positions are unpaid, however, an excellent opportunity will be provided for managers to work with quality county players & coaches in an environment geared towards excellence and achievement
OTHER BENEFITS INCLUDE:
- Access to the Team Middlesex Coach Education Programme, RFU CDPs and online coaching resources
- Appropriate travel expenses.
- Team Middlesex apparel
- Individual mentoring programme
To apply, please submit a one page coaching CV and covering letter to Stephen Atkinson, Chairman of Playing, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications 22nd August 2017.