Head Coach for Team Middlesex U15s
Team Middlesex, the county representative arm of Middlesex Rugby, is looking for a head coach for the U15s squad.
REPORTS TO: Director of Youth Rugby and Chairman of Playing
KEY RELATIONSHIPS: County club coaches and representatives, medical support team
NATURE & SCOPE OF JOB:
The post-holder will lead the coaching team and planning of the coaching programme for the season to provide a positive and successful playing environment.
- Ensure the county’s objectives for the Team Middlesex programme at county representative level are achieved by leading the preparation of the team’s coaching programme to develop the skills and understanding of the players
- Lead the coaching and manage the contribution of the coaching staff to ensure players receive the highest quality coaching, preparation and feedback
- Work in conjunction with the Team Middlesex Director of Youth Rugby and U15s team manager to select the best players from all clubs/institutions in an objective manner
- Evaluate all coaching sessions and games with the coaching team and players
- Provide constructive feedback to players to enable them to continue with their development for club, county and beyond
- Attend any required meetings of the Team Middlesex squad delivery team.
- Participate in an annual review of performance and commit to a programme of development provided by the county.
- Ensure that the coaching and playing squad present themselves as ambassadors for Middlesex Rugby and act within the core values of the game.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND QUALITIES
- Hold a minimum of an RFU / UKCC Level 2 Coaching Qualification or its recognised equivalent; ideally working towards Level 3
- Demonstrate a track record of personal coach development
- Articulates and delivers a clear playing and coaching philosophy that is in accordance with the objectives of the programme
- Self motivated, committed and enthusiastic about coaching rugby union
- Is strongly biased towards a player-centred approach to coaching
- Create an environment that balances player development with team performance
- Is able to lead and manage people and can work effectively with other members of the county management team
- Is able to articulate and deliver sound coaching processes relative to the programme
- Set high standards of personal accountability, reliability and responsibility for the players and staff
- The post holder is accountable to and will work closely with the Director of Youth Rugby and Team Middlesex delivery team for the successful delivery of the responsibilities as outlined above
- The position will be held for a term of 2 years (renewable) subject to annual review
- These positions are unpaid, however, an excellent opportunity will be provided for coaches to work with quality county players as well as working in an environment geared towards excellence and achievement
- Access to the Team Middlesex Coach Education Programme, RFU CDPs & online coaching resources
- Appropriate travel expenses
- Team Middlesex apparel
- Individual mentoring programme
To apply, please submit a one page coaching CV and covering letter to Stephen Atkinson, Chairman of Playing, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications 22nd August 2017.