Reports to: Chair of Playing & Player Development Team Middlesex.
Key Relationships: CB Coaches & Medical Support.
Nature & scope of job: The post-holders will be responsible for planning and coaching a County squad whilst providing a positive and aspirational playing environment.
- Ensure the CB’s objectives are achieved by creating an aspirational and supportive playing environment.
- Ensure players receive the highest quality coaching and feedback.
- Work in conjunction with the Team Manager to select the best players from Middlesex schools and clubs.
- Evaluate all coaching sessions and games with the CB squad delivery team.
- Attend delivery team meetings.
- Participate in an annual review of performance and commit to a programme of personal development
- Ensure the coaching and playing squad present themselves as ambassadors for Middlesex Rugby and act within the Core Values of the sport.
- Hold a minimum of an RFU / UKCC Level 2 Coaching Qualification or its recognized equivalent.
- Demonstrate a track record of personal coach development.
- Articulates and delivers a clear playing and coaching philosophy that is in accordance with the objectives of the programme.
- A Player Centred approach to coaching.
- Create an environment balancing player development with team performance.
- Sets high standards of accountability, reliability and personal responsibility.
- A commitment to attend all fixtures and training sessions.
- Access to the Team Middlesex Coach Education Programme, RFU CDP’s and online coaching resources.
- Appropriate travel expenses.
- Team Middlesex apparel.
- Individual mentoring programme.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND QUALITIES:
Please submit a brief curriculum vitae and covering letter to Stephen Atkinson, Chair of Playing & Player Development Team Middlesex. E: moc/liamg//ybgur/xeselddim/maet.