The Middlesex Bowl Competition
The Middlesex Bowl is an unseeded knock-out competition open to the 16 county clubs in the London Divisions and Herts/Middx 1 immediately below the top eight. The Other clubs may be invited to compete to ensure equity of competition between the clubs taking part.
2016 – 2017 Bowl Schedule
|2016-2017 Middlesex Bowl||Result|
|4 Feb||SF||Finchley||W/O||v||–||Epping UC|
|4 Feb||SF||Saracens Ams||72||v||5||Ealing Ams|
|6 May||Final||Finchley||v||Saracens Ams|
Finchley will host the final. The venue was decided after the semi-finals, at the toss of a coin between the two finalists.
Middlesex Bowl Regulations
The Middlesex Bowl competition is run by the Competitions Committee and is open to the 16 county clubs in the London Divisions and Herts/Middx 1 immediately below the top eight. Other clubs may be invited to take part by the Competitions Committee where it believes this will ensure the equity of the compeittion.
It will take the format of a knock-out competition with a draw for each round, and the venue for the final is decided on the toss of a coin.
Clubs not entering the County Competitions will be ineligible for the RFU National Competitions the following season.
Read the knockout guidelines in full…
Cup, Bowl and Vase administrative instructions
FOR EACH MATCH THE HOME TEAM MUST:
1. Once the draw has been made the home team should contact the away team immediately to agree a date. Once agreed, the Home team must inform the Cup organiser and its referee organiser. The Home team is responsible for confirming the referee in the week of the match.
2. At least ten days prior to the match make contact with a representative of the visiting club and confirm ground venue and directions.
3. If the fitness of the pitch is in doubt due to bad weather, consult with the visiting club in sufficient time to stop unnecessary travelling. Postponement should be avoided if possible. The decision on fitness first rests with the clubs (not the referee). If the clubs disagree an alternative venue should be sought, including an alternative pitch on the home ground or on the opponent’s ground. If agreement cannot be reached by the clubs, the home club should telephone the Competition Secretary who will decide. If he is not available the contact can be made with any member of the Competitions Committee. Obviously this should be done at least one hour before the due kick-off time.
4. On the day of the match inform the referee whether or not a medically trained person is available. Also that he is aware of the extra times rules (10 & 11) in the event of a drawn match.
5. Change jerseys in the event of a colour clash.
6. Immediately after the game the home Club shall notify the result to the Organiser by telephone or text.
For further information about the Middlesex Bowl competition, please contact the organiser, Lyndon Walters. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or tel: W: 020 7449 7347 M: 07887 648875
|Middlesex Bowl 2015-16||Result|
|6 Feb||Round 1||Grasshoppers||v||Ealing Amateurs|
|27 Feb||Round 1||Epping Upper Clapton||w/o||v||–||Old Actonians|
|27 Feb||Round 1||Finchley||w/o||v||–||UCS Old Boys|
|12 Mar||SF||Epping Upper Clapton||w/o||v||–||Old Actonians|
|9 April||Final||Finchley||28||v||18||Epping Upper Clapton|
|Middlesex Bowl 2014-15||Result|
|Nov 29||Round 1||Teddington||10||v||19||Old Actonians|
|Nov 29||Round 1||Ealing Ams||32||v||34||Grasshoppers|
|Jan 24||Round 1||UCS||8||v||5||Hackney|
|Feb 14||SF||Old Actonians||35||v||12||Ealing Ams*|
|Apr 25||Final||Old Actonians||21||v||22||Grasshoppers|
* Ealing Amateurs qualified for the Semi Finals as lucky losers
|Middlesex Bowl 2012-13||Result|
|Round 1||London Scottish Ams||WO||v||–||Twickenham|
|Dec 1||Round 1||London Nigerian||v||Ealing Amateurs|
|Feb 2||SF||Ealing Ams||19||v||49||HAC|
|Feb 2||SF||Grasshoppers||29||v||17||London Scottish Ams|
|Middlesex Bowl 2011-12||Result|
|Nov 5||Round 1||Haringey||59||v||10||Twickenham|
|Nov 5||Round 1||UCS Old Boys||22||v||24||Enfield Ignatians|
|Nov 5||Round 1||HAC||HWO||v||–||West London|
|Nov 5||Round 1||Bank of England||7||v||18||London Nigerian|
|Nov 5||Round 1||Teddington||HWO||v||–||Finchley|
|Nov 5||Round 1||Old Streetonians||24||v||31||Grasshoppers|
|Nov 26||QF||Haringay||5||v||27||London Nigerian|
|Nov 26||QF||Enfield Ignatians||HWO||v||–||Bank of England|
|Feb 11||SF||London Nigerian||–||v||WO||Enfield Ignatians|
|Mar 18||Final||Enfield Ignatians||Winner||v||HAC|
|Middlesex Bowl 2010-11 Results||Result|
|Date||Round 1||West London||HWO||v||–||Bank of England|
|Round 1||Old Priorians||v||London Nigerian|
|Date||Round 1||Old Streetonians II||12||v||24||UCS Old Boys II|
|Date||QF||UCS Old Boys||39||v||7||Teddington|
|Date||QF||Old Priorians||v||West London|
|Date||SF||UCS Old Boys||42||v||27||Finchley|
|3 April||Final||Twickenham||37||v||5||UCS Old Boys|
Middlesex Bowl History
|2003 – 2004
2004 – 2005
2005 – 2006
2006 – 2007
2007 – 2008
2008 – 2009
2009 – 2010
2010 – 2011
2011 – 2012
2012 – 2013
2013 – 2014
|H’smith & Fulham
H’smith & Fulham
UCS Old Boys