Middlesex Senior 2019 County Championship
Posted on 22 February 2019
Rugby in Middlesex has a rich and illustrious history. Formation in 1879 led two seasons later to RFU affiliation in 1882 and the county has never looked back. Opponents such as New Zealand, South Africa and Uganda are amongst those to have had the privilege of playing the county. International honours have been prevalent amongst many of our players but alongside this the county has worked to develop the game across the levels making it accessible and enjoyable for all. Clubs play an important part in the county and are represented in all decision making.
Colts and Women’s rugby has brought not only success but further helped develop the game whilst offering the opportunity to players of going one step further in their rugby careers to play for such a prestigious representative side. These teams have set a benchmark and proven that county rugby is still a desirable level of rugby.
This has led to the decision being made to re-launch the Senior Men’s 1st XV for the 2018-19 season and to feature in the Bill Beaumont Cup at the entry level.
Mark Jackson has been appointed as Head Coach with Alex Pereira-Inacio as 1st Team manager, Peter Halsall will be overseeing the backs and Chair of Playing Stephen Atkinson will be assisting with this development.
Training Dates (To be held at Grasshoppers RFC) Open to All
- 11 March 2019 – Grasshoppers RFC – 19:45
- 17 April 2019 – Grasshoppers RFC – 19:45
- 24 April 2019 – Grasshoppers RFC – 19:45
Bill Beaumont County Championship Fixtures
- 4 May 2019 – Buckinghamshire Away, Venue TBC
- 11 May 2019 – Berkshire Away, Venue TBC
- 18 May 2019 – Dorset and Wiltshire Home, Grasshoppers RFC
- Unintrusive to club’s league games and training schedules
- Excellent Medical and Physiotherapy back up
- Sessions open to all coaches and DORs
- Alex Pereira-Inacio – Manager
- Mark Jackson – Head Coach
Please contact moc/ybgurxeselddim//snemroines to discuss the programme and nominate players.