Leadership Academy Mentors
The role of the mentor is to facilitate the learning of others by providing support, sharing observations, providing feedback, raising awareness and helping the candidates to take more responsibility for solutions and actions. Only occasionally mentors offer advice and guidance. As a mentor of a small group, the role is more like a chair or meeting facilitator.
Ideally, you’ll need to be:
- a good listener
- confident and good at communicating
- able to facilitate meaningful discussions
- approachable and able to interact with different types of people
- non-judgmental & open minded
- enthusiastic and motivating
What you’ll do:
- Mentor 4-8 Leadership Academy Candidates
- Support a Leadership Academy Support & Challenge Group
- acilitate the learning of the candidates by providing support, sharingobservations, providing feedback, raising awareness and helping the candidatesto take more responsibility for solutions and actions.
- Support the candidates to complete and continually review a PersonalDevelopment Plan.
- Promote the Leadership Academy within the CB area internally & externally.Including supporting the candidate’s clubs/organisations to understand theLeadership Journey the candidates are going through on the Academy.
- Provide regular updates to the Academy Manager & relevant CB Committees.
How much time it will take up:
1 hour a week dependant on candidates support requests (email/phone/1-2-1’s/ skype). Attending & supporting approximately 8 sessions from September to June.
What you’ll get out of it:
The pleasure in seeing others grow & develop and helping clubs achieve their ambitions. Doing something distinctive and worthwhile like this is attractive to potential employers, and the organisational and communication skills are transferable to any walk of life.
Three support sessions are hosted through the season to support your mentoring.
- Introductory Session
- Half time team talk
- Final Whistle (Ending the mentoring relationship)
Email and telephone support is on offer throughout the season.
If you are interested in becoming a Leadership Academy candidate or mentor or would like more information about the Leadership Academy please contact moc/ybgurxeselddim//rettalesiuol.