2016 – 2017 Cup Schedule
|2016-2017 Middlesex Cup||Result|
|4 Feb||SF||Chiswick||26||v||25||Hammersmith & F|
|25 Feb||SF||Twickenham||v||CS Rugby|
|7 May||Final||CS Rugby||v||Chiswick|
The venue for the Final will be decided after the semi-finals, at the toss of a coin between the two finalists.
Middlesex Cup Winners 2016
Chiswick welcomed CS Rugby 1863 to Dukes Meadows on a gloriously hot summer’s day for the Chiswick Derby, or more officially, the final of the Middlesex Cup.
With a large gathering of supporters enjoying the sunshine and some exciting rugby from both teams, the game ran to extra time, with Chiswick the eventual champions with just two points in it. The final score was 39-37.
The trophy was presented to the Chiswick captain by Middlesex president Brian East, one of his final duties as county president.
The Senior County Cup is open to the top eight Middlesex clubs in the London Divisions (based on on their finishing position in the previous season) and takes the format of an unseeded knockout competition with a draw for each round, and the venue for the final will be decided on the toss of a coin.
Clubs not entering the County Competitions will be ineligible for the RFU National Competitions the following season.
Cup, Bowl and Vase administrative instructions
FOR EACH MATCH THE HOME TEAM MUST:
1. Once the draw has been made the home team should contact the away team immediately to agree a date. Once agreed, the Home team must inform the Cup organiser and its referee organiser. The Home team is responsible for confirming the referee in the week of the match.
2. At least ten days prior to the match make contact with a representative of the visiting club and confirm ground venue and directions.
3. If the fitness of the pitch is in doubt due to bad weather, consult with the visiting club in sufficient time to stop unnecessary travelling. Postponement should be avoided if possible. The decision on fitness first rests with the clubs (not the referee). If the clubs disagree an alternative venue should be sought, including an alternative pitch on the home ground or on the opponent’s ground. If agreement cannot be reached by the clubs, the home club should telephone the Competition Secretary who will decide. If he is not available the contact can be made with any member of the Competitions Committee. Obviously this should be done at least one hour before the due kick-off time.
4. On the day of the match inform the referee whether or not a medically trained person is available. Also that he is aware of the extra times rules (10 & 11) in the event of a drawn match.
5. Change jerseys in the event of a colour clash.
6. Immediately after the game the home Club shall notify the result to the Organiser by telephone or text.
For more information about the Middlesex Cup contact Lyndon Walters
Tel: 07887 648875 Email: email@example.com
|2015-2016 Middlesex Cup||Result|
|27 Feb||1st Round||Ruislip||15||v||33||H’Smith & Fulham|
|27 Feb||1st Round||Twickenham||8||v||25||Chiswick|
|6 Feb||1st Round||HAC||0||v||w/o||CS Rugby|
|12 Mar||SF||CS Rugby||w/o||v||–||Twickenham (lucky loser)|
|12 Mar||SF||Chiswick||24||v||19||H’smith & Fulham|
|8 May||Final||Chiswick||39||v||37||CS Rugby|
|2014-2015 Middlesex Cup||Result|
|24 Jan||1st Round||H’Smith||HWO||v||–||Staines|
|24 Jan||1st Round||Chiswick||43||v||17||OMT|
|24 Jan||1st Round||CS Rugby||–||v||–||Bye|
|14 Feb||1st Round||HAC||32||v||22||Enfield Ignatians|
|14 Mar||SF||CS Rugby||HWO||v||–||Chiswick|
|14 Mar||SF||Enfield Ignatians||3||v||23||H’smith & Fulham|
|23 Aug||Final||H’smith & Fulham||12||v||20||CS Rugby 1863|
|2012-2013 Middlesex Cup||Result|
|11 Nov||1st Round||Chiswick||18||v||15||H’smith & Fulham|
|1 Dec||1st Round||Staines||43||v||15||UCS Old Boys|
|1 Dec||1st Round||Ruislip||WO||v||–||CS Rugby 1863|
|10 Nov||1st Round||Hampstead||–||v||–||Bye|
|2011 – 12 Middlesex Cup||Result|
|26 Nov||1st Round||Ealing II||v||H’smith & Fulham|
|26 Nov||1st Round||Chiswick||v||Ruislip|
|26 Nov||1st Round||L Scottish III||v||CS Rugby 1863|
|11 Feb||SF||Ealing||v||CS Rugby 1863|
|TBC||Final – not played||Ruislip||v||Ealing|
|2010 – 11 Middlesex Cup||Result|
|Date||QF||Chiswick||HWO||v||–||H’smith & Fulham|
|19 March||SF||Engield Ignatians||18||v||52||Staines|
Middlesex Cup History
|1971 – 1972
1972 – 1973
1973 – 1974
1974 – 1975
1975 – 1976
1976 – 1977
1977 – 1978
1978 – 1979
1979 – 1980
1980 – 1981
1981 – 1982
1982 – 1983
1983 – 1984
1984 – 1985
1985 – 1986
1986 – 1987
West London Institute
1987 – 1988
Old Merchant Taylors’
Playing Club Rugby
Middlesex Club 7s
© MIDDLESEX RUGBY (MIDDLESEX COUNTY RUGBY FOOTBALL UNION) | Site designed and built by Boomerang Design