Middlesex Rugby is committed to growing, sustaining and developing the grassroots game at all levels and in all sections of the game, helping all club, school, college and university clubs and teams within the county to thrive and prosper. We aim to support the provision of opportunities for all to become involved in the game, more often and more locally, whether as a player, volunteer, coach or referee.
The Terms Of Reference of the Rugby Development Committee are:
- Develop and implement plans in conjunction with the RFU professional staff to support the County in achieving its Strategic Objectives.
- Ensure that the plans include the following:
- Grassroots rugby – including mini and junior (age grade) rugby, male and female adult game, schools, colleges and universities and all rugby playing establishments.
- Volunteers – Develop and strengthen volunteering within the County and recognising volunteers with reward and recognition.
- Club Development – Provide support for all clubs to become more sustainable in terms of player base, facilities and RFU Accreditation
- Continue to strengthen our member clubs by supporting their growth, sustainability and development
Community Rugby Committee
Chair: Louise Latter
Integration & Partnership Manager: Bob Lawless
Volunteer & Club development: Andy Brooks, Rebecca Tweedy, Kasey Allen
Middlesex Schools Union: David Jones
Facilities: Graham Lee
Age Grade Rugby: Waheed Aslam
Schools Liaison: Beth Cutting
Representative Rugby: Lachlan Dunbar, Richard Wilmot
Middlesex Rugby is committed to making rugby in the County more sustainable and the club support programme aims to help all clubs, especially those who are experiencing difficulties.
If you have specific problems at your club or would like to discuss ways in which Middlesex rugby can support your club, then please contact Louise Latter moc/ybgurxeselddim//rettalesiuol.
The Rugby Development Committee meets bi-monthly at clubs around the county. If you would like them to come to your clubs to let them know about the issues that affect you, please contact Louise Latter on moc/ybgurxeselddim//rettalesiuol.