LONDON & SOUTH EAST DIVISION are recruiting U18 Head Coach
Posted on 13 September 2022
LONDON & SOUTH EAST DIVISION U18 are recruiting
POSITION: HONORARY HEAD COACH
Honorary England Counties Team Manager, London & South East Divisional U18s Delivery Team.
England Counties U18s Management Team & Coaches; Divisional & CB U18s Management Teams;
RFU staff; Academy Managers.
NATURE & SCOPE OF JOB:
The post-holder will lead the coaching team to plan an annual coaching programme that provides a
positive and successful playing environment for players to progress from CBs to England Counties
18s. Provide high quality coaching to community rugby-based players to enable them to perform at
their optimum level whilst enhancing the U18s County programme and club/school rugby.
• Ensure the RFU’s objectives achieved for the England Counties U18s programme at
Divisional level by leading the preparation of the team’s coaching programme.
• Lead the coaching and manage the contribution of the coaching staff to ensure the players
receive the highest quality coaching, preparation and feedback.
• Work in conjunction with the Divisional Team Manager & Divisional Chairman of Selectors to
facilitate the selection of players from Constituent Bodies in an objective manner.
• Evaluate all coaching sessions and games with the coaching team and players.
• Provide constructive feedback to players to enable them to continue with their
• Attend the meetings of the U18s Divisional Delivery Team.
• Identify highly talented players who have the potential to move to England Counties U18s.
• Participate in an annual review of performance and commit to a programme of development
provided by the RFU.
• Ensure that the coaching and playing squad present themselves as ambassadors for the
Rugby Football Union and act within accordance of the Core Values of the sport.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND QUALITIES
• Will complete the RFU Headcase online learning and Play it Safe workshop before or upon
• A current RFU DBS certificate will be required once appointed.
• Hold a minimum of or working towards attaining a RFU / UKCC Level 3 Coaching
Qualification or its recognised equivalent.
• Demonstrates a track record of personal coach development.
• Articulates and delivers a clear playing and coaching philosophy that is in accordance with
the objectives of the programme.
• Self-motivated, committed and enthusiastic about coaching rugby union.
• Has significant experience of coaching young adults at club, college and CB level.
• Is strongly biased towards a Player Centred in approach to coaching.
• Creates an environment that balances player development with team performance.
• Is able to lead & manage people.
• Is able to articulate and deliver sound coaching processes relative to the programme.
• Has a sound understanding of the RFU performance pathway for players.
• Sets high standards of personal accountability, reliability and responsibility for the players
• Is able to work effectively with other members of the U18s Divisional Management Team.
The post holder is accountable to the England Counties Divisional U18s Team Manager for the
successful delivery of the responsibilities as outlined above.
The term for the position is 2 years subject to annual review, with a further two years by mutual
A letter of application (stating how your experiences to date have prepared you for this role and
the impact you will have on those you coach) should be sent together with a Rugby CV to Peter
Johnson, Team Manager London & South East Division by email to
All applications to be received by 22nd September 2022
Interviews to be held prior to the end of September