Old Emanuel RFC are looking for a Club Physiotherapist
Posted on 13 July 2021
Old Emanuel RFC seek Club Physiotherapist
Reports to: Director of Rugby/Head Coach
To oversee the therapy and medical provision for Old Emanuel Rugby, senior rugby section.
This is an exciting role in a growing club whose 1st XV compete in London SW3.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced Physiotherapist interested and passionate about working in sport. Ideally this candidate will have a minimum of 3 years’ experience, preferably in the field of rugby union.
The candidate must have strong clinical skills, including assessment, treatment and management of MSK injuries, with a sound rehabilitation background.
The key roles and responsibilities within this position are to attend home and away matches (Saturday), and hold a clinic at Tuesday training sessions. training sessions are on Tuesday and Thursday evenings.
- Graduate Sports Therapist or Physiotherapist with experience in Rugby Union.
- Candidates will need to have the RFU Pre-Hospital Immediate Care In Sport (ICIS Level 2) qualification to cover matches.
- Candidates will ideally have (or be working towards) the RFU Pre-Hospital Immediate Care In Sport (ICIS Level 3) qualification to cover matches.
- At least 3 years’ post-graduate experience working within sport.
- To offer timely assessment of acute injuries and ensure appropriate follow up care is arranged
- To communicate effectively with the coaching team, on player availability both in the short and longer term, including planning modified training programmes.
- To work with the head coach and coaching team in developing clear return to play pathways, providing a template for commonly seen injuries.
- To evaluate rehab programme progressions
- To ensure all necessary medical equipment and medicines has been audited, remains in date, in good working order and accessible for use.
- To arrange appropriate cover for all matches (in line with RFU protocol) and liaise with opposition team medics where appropriate to facilitate this.
- To provide match day first aid and immediate care when in attendance.
- To assist players in pre-match preparations as required and provide pitch-side injury assessment and immediate care.
To apply please send CV and covering letter outlining your suitability for the job to Darryl.Plummer@oldemanuelrfc.co.uk For an informal discussion please contact Darryl on 07956338004