Old Emanuel RFC are looking for a Colts Head Coach
Posted on 1 December 2021
The role will involve leading the Old Emanuel Colts section, focusing on inclusive rugby and developing all players within the Colts team, helping to nurture young players through Colts rugby into the senior set-up. As well as working within the whole club to develop an enjoyable and competitive playing atmosphere on and off the pitch.
At Old Emanuel, we are committed to providing everyone with the opportunity to progress. We are willing to help any individual who is looking to continue their coaching journey.
Our philosophy at Old Emanuel is that with enjoyment, comes hard work and dedication. Therefore, the ideal candidate would be able to make two sessions a week (Thursday and Sunday). Fixtures are most Sundays between September – April.
Colts Head Coach Role key duties
- In conjunction with HOR & members of the playing committee, deliver and assist in all development initiatives for
- Deliver OERFC sessions
- Understand and align relevant coaching methodology with senior coaching group’s tactical and technical principles.
- Build positive relationships with all players and their parents and carers
- Begin to build relationships with key stakeholders in feeder schools and CBs.
- Develop (in conjunction with HOR) and deliver an inclusive, competitive 2-year player development program for young players who wish to transition in to senior rugby at OERFC.
- Deliver and attend coach development sessions as required by the HOR.
- To produce, in conjunction with the HOR, training plans tailored to progress the groups skillset
- Liaise with HOR.
- Be a link between Surrey, Middlesex and DPP programmes to aide players in their ambitions.
Desired Qualifications & Experience:
- Level 2 aspiring to level 3
- Experience of developing teenage rugby players
- Regular attendee of England rugby CPD courses
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to develop new and experienced players equally
- Thursday Evening 18:00 – 20:00 & Sunday 11.00 – 12:45 each week (match days may vary hours)
- Dependant on experience and qualifications
- Part of a more comprehensive coaching team, who are willing to share ideas
- Use of on-site facilities including gym and CrossFit
- Great social atmosphere, both on and off the pitch
- Working alongside hard-working, open and enthusiastic players
- Coaching courses provide
- Expenses provided dependant on experience
- Coaching Kit.
If you are interested in the role, send CV to Head of Rugby at firstname.lastname@example.org or for more information call 07740775060